Saturday, December 12, 2009

Last week I decided to see if Joel would watch a little tv so I could get stuff around the house. I got him ready and gave him a sippy. Decided laundry would be done. Walking back up the starts from the garage where our laundry is I had a horrible feeling. Yep! Out of habit, I had locked the door. I ran to the front window to check on him. There he was just watching tv. I ran to the back door, no luck, locked too. Now let me point out, I am in my bare feet in my pjs. And its been in the low 20 lately. So I am watching the clock and telling myself that if Dustin doesn't happen to come home within 5 minutes, I will go to the neighbors to use their phone. My luck Dustin pulled into our driveway a few seconds later. He got of his truck and say me sitting on the patio chair with a big smile on my face. I said," Isn't this beautiful weather we are having?" He looked at me funny because I was in my pjs and it was FREEZING! He went to go into the house and realized it was locked. "No way, did you lock yourself out?" I just gave him another smile. At least Joel had no idea I was locked out. If he would of seen me, we would have gotten mad that I was outside and he wasn't'. It was so nice to get in that house and sit right by that fire! Joel enjoying his sippy. He even crawled up to the table and got sophies cereal she didn't finish for breakfast. Good thing she doesn't like milk in her cereal.....that would have been a bit messy.

Cutie pie has no idea.

1 comments:

Big Mama said...

That is AWESOME!!! I love little stories like this... they are always fun to laugh about down the road. Aww.... Joel is getting so big!