Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Little of This & That

The Ford family has been quite busy this past month. I'm sure everyone as well has been quite busy. We would like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and safe and happy new year. Here is what we have been up to this month.

The kids and Dustin were "bell ringers" outside of Raley's as part of the Oroville Rotary Club Dutin belongs to. That was fun for them, but cold. So you could imagine how surprised I was to see them come home with ice creams!!! Dustin wanted to get them something for helping out those families in Oroville that need the extra help this time of year. Who can pass up two little children ringing bells and not drop in $100 bill....yea right.

We had an adult Christmas party. Every year my mom and David take just the couples out for a nice dinner. This year we went to Checkers. Afterwords we had a fun "white elephant" game and dessert. It is always nice to have all of the kids around so they can play with their cousins, but it's a nice break to have just the adults......and Ricky.

My sister has started an annual cookie exchange. It was fun and had amazing cookies. There was a rule that all of the cookies had to be homemade. You had to bring enough cookies for everyone to take home, with the recipe included. I will not say who, but someone brought some cookies, and on a bag of cookies the recipe read," go to costco, buy cookies", they were good anyway.

Joseph and Sophie also had their school Christmas programs, but I took the pictures with our camera that is on our video camera, and me being....me.... I have no idea how to get those onto our computer, so just picture Joseph with a green elf hat on singing songs, and Sophie standing next to her freind Zack giggling.

Merry Christmas!!!!

0 comments: