Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree.....Where Are You?

Our first family photo with little Joel

Joseph helping cut our tree down


Sophie tried too

Mommy Daughter Duo



Loading up the trees.




For the Ford family, the day after Thanksgiving means it's up to the woods to find the our Christmas Tree. This year it was us, Cami, Derek, along with Grandma and Grandpa Meyer. Now if you know me, you know that I have to be prepared for anything to happen. So when Dustin was cleaning out the bed of his truck, I packed water and extra food just in case something were to happen and we were stuck up in some mountain for a period of time. Dustin thought I was crazy, but hey, isn't he the boyscout...(does be prepared ring a bell!) I also called my dad to let him know that we were leaving and that if he didn't hear from us by evening, to come and find us. My dad asked me where abouts we would be and I told him," Hmmmm...I don't know." So dad told me he was just up near Bucks Lake and that right off the road was "The Disneyland" of Christmas Trees. So that is where we headed. We drove and drove, but never found Disneyland. Then it came to my attention....has my dad ever been to Disneyland??? Thanks Dad! We did find Christmas trees and had a wonderful time. In town you can find a Christmas Tree for between $30 to $100. Or you can get a $10 permit, and spend the day walking in the woods with your family making memories. It was a fun day even if we didn't find Disneyland!
Ps. My dad called us at 9:30 pm that night....I forgot to call him and let him know we were home. He asked if we found a tree and I told him yes, but we couldn't find his spot. Well Dad failed to mention that when we got to the very small dirt road, continue about another 5 miles. (Due to the windy road, it would have taken a half hour to drive 5 miles.) We only drove about 10 minutes on that windy road before we stopped the cars to hunt for the our tree. Who knew Disneyland was so close. Here are some pictures from our hunt. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Big Mama said...

That is an awesome family picture! Are you using that for your christmas card? Next year we'll be there with you! Yahoo!!

Em, Dev, Alex Belliston said...

I love your Family photo! That sounds like it would be a fun family tradition to go cut a Christmas tree down in the woods. This year we're not going to get a tree cause we're going to Utah for Christmas to spend time with Family and Friends. You have such a cute family! Happy Holiday!