Saturday, May 16, 2009

Look At Our Garden Grow!!

Here is the family garden the last week in April.
Here it is the second week in May.

My Mom came over and told me how well my
squash, zucchini, and cucumber were doing,
and that for some
reason there seems to be a lot buds on the plants.
(I guess more than normal.)
I told her that I planted five packets of each vegetable.
Her mouth hung wide open.
FIVE!?!?!?
Somebody should have probably told Christina, that
even one packet of seeds would have been more than enough to
feed all of the families who are involved in the garden.
I thought that one squash seed would give out one squash.
One cucumber seed = one cucumber.
One zucchini seed = one zucchini.
So now I guess now, not only will we have more than enough for our
families, we will have enough for every family living in Oroville.
Hmmmm, does anyone have any idea how to get involved
in the Farmer's Market?


3 comments:

C said...

That's so funny! I planted my first garden this year too and was sad to hear that I had to thin out my seedlings. I almost couldn't do it, after babying them so much to get them to grow! Good luck!!

Parley and Katie Call said...

You should totally do the farmer's market! :) That is an impressive garden. I was proud of ours but it's 1/100th the size! (getting it to grow in Vegas is no small task though)

Em, Dev, Alex Belliston said...

Your garden looks great!