Saturday, April 4, 2009

Will We Have Enough Plastic?

Joseph, Sophie, and Joel ready to roll out the plastic.
(anyone notice how small my car looks in comparison to the garden?....hmmmm, below I will tell you how large the garden actually is)
Arturo, Sophie, Christina, Joseph.
(Diego and Nadia smothering Joel in the stroller)

Ok, let me try to explain these two last photos. Here you can see my shadow as I am taking this photo. You can also see my dad in the white T-shirt and jeans, (AKA Mr. Grumpy). I wanted to take before & after pictures of the garden process.


Ok, "Mr. Grumpy" is obviously done with all of the picture taking. I was just told,"Crissy, would you PLEASE put that camera down and come help us with this plastic!!" Ok Dad. I handed the camera off to Ray Nelson (you can see his shadow taking the picture), so I could go help with the plastic. If you look right above my head, you can see Mr. Grumpy still giving me a hard time for taking pictures.
I am really excited for this garden, and think it SHOULD be a FUN time. A LEARNING time for the kids epically. My dad is VERY serious about it.... a little to serious. To give you an example.....the garden is 17,000 sq. feet. YES, I said seventeen THOUSAND sq. feet. Needless to say, we have invited many other families to take part in the garden. When we have a "garden meeting" I joke around as usual. Everyone laughs, but dad, oh no! He just acts like he didn't hear the joke and just keeps talking about what the next step will be in our garden adventure. (Ha ha...If he knew I called it the
"garden adventure", I would probably get "the look" that means, "that's enough Crissy". Then I'd say, Love Ya Dad. Wish us luck....I think we are gona need it.



3 comments:

Larissa said...

Your starters look great! I'll have to post pics of our mini container garden we started a month ago. You'd laugh in comparison to your big family garden!

Big Mama said...

holy cow! that is a huge garden! Are you guys going to open a stand at the farmer's market or something? hehe

the shaws said...

You don't know me, I just happen to drop across your blog. I wondered what you will be growing in your plot. Over here in England I have an allotment about a tenth the size of your small garden. What with the deep farrows and plastic sheets I can't imagine the crop! Is the plastic to stop the weeds growing or to save moisture??